Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become pussified?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

I am not so sure that it is music itself becoming more tame, as I think that in general, the youth today, neither has a clear definable voice, nor has any grasp on the issues are at hand.

With era of Lennon, you had a time of massive social unrest and upheaval. The air at the time, pretty much became so filled with volatile vibrations, that I am almost certain were impossible not to pick up on them in some remote way. There are a couple things that were happening at that time, that simply are not happening now. A groundbreaking hallucinogen was becoming accepted as a way to get to the stairway of enlightenment, race had gotten to a boiling over point, and you had three or assassinations happen.

These are things that this generation will never experience, because it was a right time right place deal.

The major problem in my never to be humble opinion, is the lack of comradery, and what's best for group as a whole . This generation is set up for I, me, mine. And that is reflected in the music you hear.You won't hear songs like power to the people anymore, because 'the people' haven't got a clue, about what's best for themselves, let alone the world outside their four walls.

I am going to disagree with you on the Manson. Because he didn't do anything, that Alice Cooper, or Ozzy hadn't done before him, and they did it when it was actually new.

You have to ask yourself, what is popular now a days man. Sign of the times, it is no longer a rebellious culture as a matter of fact it's so same it hurts. Yes the artists you see in or on mainstream media, seem to value vulgarity, sex, money, and power. And to obtain those things one mostly needs to conform to the unholy music industry. And there is nothing wrong with all those things, I dig them, but I don't hold my mainstream artists to the same standards as I would hold, the mainstream artists of the past. I would not, no.

If you are looking for something that speaks in volumes, you should really look into the indie scene. And even there you won't find protest songs, or whatever is you are looking for all the time. But there certainly be more depth then the garbage that's out there now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote