Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #6420 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
@Batlord

That's why i love fallout, it has both.
Fallout is pretty fantastic. My only problem with it is that, though the side mission's are far more in depth than Elder Scrolls, there are also far fewer of them, so there isn't nearly as much replay value. I don't think I ever actually played 3 more than once. I still need to play Vegas though.

Quote:
Though they should fix up a little their 3rd person perspective cause it's hard to aim properly.
I dig the perspective. Being able to see the character on screen helps to draw me into the game more than an FPS. All I've got with a game like Halo or COD is a rectangle with no peripheral vision, hands, and a gun. It just feels sterile to me.

Quote:
What turns me off about fps games is the abundance of them, there is too many games like that already, if you look back at the N64 everybody welcomed Golden eye and luved it, and that's one of the most basic fps shooters ever, but back then fps were part of a bigger game library, it wasn't 80% fps games like it is now, games like Golden eye or the classic Doom, were rare fps that everybody loved not just fps gamers.
Totally. These days I actually feel immediately turned off when I play an FPS just because it's an FPS. It might be a good game that I will come to like, but I still have to overcome that prejudice to be able to get into it. Aside from my dislike of the actual presentation it always makes me think, rightly or wrongly, that the game designers were too lazy to come up with an actual original game and just made it FPS by default.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote