Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become pussified?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I don't think musical artists need to be burdened with such a responsibility if they don't want to.

Why do they gotta preach some revolutionary political agenda? just cause this ppl can play a nice tune it doesn't mean they should force their liberal viewpoints on their listeners and it doesn't even mean they'll make a good point, cause again just cause this ppl can make a nice tune it doesn't mean that makes them qualified to give out political advice.

It's a little sick how we put some music artists on a pedestal and force our views on what we think they should do or shouldn't do, can they just be musicians? no, they gotta be political activist too now. as if they gotta role models on top of being a musician.

There are tons of political activist in this world already, if you really care for their cause, YOU WOULD JOIN THEM! not wait at home for some musician to play some "we won't stand for this anymore" song,

is it we don't care about world events until a guy makes a song about it?

No.

But I think the argument could be said the other way around.

Why are these pop stars using their music for bad such as singing about guns, raping, prostitution, etc?

Why is that more acceptable versus a political song that is positive?

I am not asking for these singers to be politicians because it is clear they do not care about social issues or issues that affect the world. They just care about their own money and reputations.

I just think it is sad that some of them use their music to enforce negative themes that are negatively impacting our society.

Music influences more than what people give it credit for
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote