Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does everyone consider Travis barker to be so talented?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #53 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I continue to be astonished that this is even a topic of conversation. This thread it literally the only place I've ever seen anyone describe this guy as noteworthy in any way.
I am with you. I laugh when I scroll through and see this here. Cause no one I know thinks he is talented. Not even the people that like Blink 182, think he is talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Fair point, but all im trying to say is, are we really in a position to look down on Travis as a musician?

At least he is has done something ya know?

There are some musicians we don't personally like so we discredit them without adding anything ourselves.

Ive done this i admit it, my ego judges other ppl who have accomplished more than me but even so the fact is Travis is adding more to this world than my ****ty insults ever will.

i don't wanna explain the obvious but once we judge ppl like we are doing him, it automatically claims a sense of superiority, like some random dude on a music forum is better than Travis just cause he thinks blink sucks.

Nah man, whether you like him or not you can't say he is a ****ty drummer because truth is he isn't you just don't like him for wthvr reason.

it's kinda like mixing your ego with facts.

I am gonna come in here and point out something. Because you don't make music, doesn't make you less qualified to speak on the topic. I wish I were talented musically, sadly I am not. But that doesn't mean that all the years I have invested in music as a hobby don't account for something. Pease go sit down somewhere. All that time I sunk into my hobby, has given me a trained ear for good music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote