Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become pussified?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I can't even believe that Marilyn Manson is even being mentioned in the same breath as three people who are actual music icons. He made some okay music but he was just a gimmicky flash in pan. And even with the other three, what did they really stand for? Elvis was just in the right place at the right time. Lennon was an attention whore who seemed more interested in making headlines than making an actual point (and we have one of those right now in the form of Kanye West). And Bowie, while certainly the most talented of the bunch, didn't really stand for much aside from simply being an interesting person who made good music.
In my opinion Elvis was a fan of music first, he always strive to be a better singer and he had broad taste in music for the part of the country he lived in at the time.

John Lennon dropped out of the music scene when his second son was born to be a better father, maybe at first but I don't John Lennon was always an attention whore.

The only positive thing I can say about Marilyn Manson is I like him better in the Wonder Years.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote