Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Modern Hard Rock Bands and why???
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
RHCPfan
Groupie

Default Favorite Modern Hard Rock Bands and why???

Who are your favorite hard rock bands out there kicking a$$ right now?

1. Alter Bridge - Tremonti just brings it every track and Myles Kennedy is a great vocalist. A lot of very good songs with great meaning as well. Every album has been great though Fortress is unfortunately my least favorite.

2. Seether - Disclaimer was one of my favorite albums for the longest time. To me they were like a modern, heavy version of Nirvana both lyrically and emotionally. They have since tapered off but they still really rock and I can't wait to see them again in May.

3. Disturbed - I don't care about the haters saying they make the same album over and over again. The Sickness and Believe were excellent albums and Asylum came very close for me. I love Draiman's voice and I quite liked his side project Device as well.

4. Halestorm - Lzzy Hale is incredibly hot and incredibly talented. Her shows just rock the house. She plays her hot little a$$ off every time and I've seen them at least 4 times as they are somewhat of a local band for me.

5. Five Finger Death Punch - I call this band one of my favorite "anger" bands because, when I'm really pissed or someone screws me over, I can instantly relate to a lot of their lyrics. They play hard and, though I need to be in the mood to want to listen to them, when I do I usually scream the lyrics out.

6. A Day to Remember - I just got into them maybe 2 years ago and now own all of their albums. I'm not into screamo OR pop/punk much usually but they fuse the two perfectly IMO. I saw them live twice and they put on a heck of a show both as a headliner and opening for Rise Against. Heavy and great lyrics and meaning. Great blend of scream and melody.

7. Avenged Sevenfold - I really like M Shadows' voice and I am obsessed with Gates' playing but I'm pissed The Rev died because they have gone a little downhill since. Their self-titled record is one of my favorites along with City of Evil.

8. Ill Nino - This isn't going to be a very popular choice I would assume but I am Puerto Rican and I can appreciate the blending of American and Spanish cultures within their musicianship and I love the Spanglish singing of Christian. The 2 different drumsets (one spanish one traditional) is also wonderful and the scream and melody is just right with them as well. They were also the nicest bunch of guys when I met them and they put their heart and soul into a crowd of barely 150. That is boss.
RHCPfan is offline   Reply With Quote