Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #547 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post

Albums that are groundbreaking are usually groundbreaking in retrospect and Venom are no different really in that aspect, but where they differ from other groundbreaking bands, is that nearly all the known bands that they helped to inspire are far superior to them in nearly all aspects. What Venom have in their favour though is a big set of balls and on their first two albums they laid down the complete criteria for extreme metal, a template if you like that was essential for the growth of metal.

If my lists were just based on the most influential then they would've been no.1 on the list, but as I take so many other things into consideration with the largest factor being my own taste, Venom have lost out a lot in other areas which I've already mentioned and hell I like scuzzy metal and you can't get more scuzzy than Cirith Ungol.
Well I'm not a metal expert so I have to choose to pick my battles here lol, I'll just say that I find Cirith Ungol too Maiden sounding, while Venom is just awesome stripped down metal. There is a reason why everybody remembers the latter but not the former. VEEENNNNOMMMM! lol

(Hope you go a little easier on Darkthrone when you get to the 90's cheers.)
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote