Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you met any musicians?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I've met a few, most notable being Dave Murray from Iron Maiden. I was at Buddy Guys Legends watching Duke Robillard, and John Hammond Jr. and I went up to the bar to get a drink, and right next to me was Dave Murray. I was stammering like a little school girl, but managed to squeak out something like "I've tried to learn every song you've ever done" or something like that. He gave me a nod, and I went back to my table all star-struck and giddy.

My daughter called me from Buddy Guy's house once too. She went to HS with his grandson Kevin, and they were doing a project for one of their classes. I about dropped my phone when she told me where she was.

I was in the Army with Turbo B from Snap! Played a few tunes with him before he made it big with "I Got The Power". We were in the same unit, and we lived down the hall from each other in the barracks.

...and there's been a few Dennis DeYoung sightings around here over the years since the dude lives in the ritzy part of town. I've never had the pleasure of actually talking to him, but I hear he's a real prick.