Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #490 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Ok, fine. I'm going to simplify because it's not my job to teach things one can learn on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I read this.

I only read the first post, but I'm mainly with the dude. I mean truth be told a lot of 'feminists' look down on any woman who isn't an aggressive man-hater.
A lot of feminists absolutely do not look down on any woman who isn't an aggressive man-hater. That ideology represents a miniscule amount of people who identify with the oh, so scary F word. [Insert stupid but effective "not all Muslims are terrorists" comparison here]. You later hide behind your use of "a lot of" to defend your generalization but I'm not going to let you get away with it, because it's still false. There are not "a lot of" people who support this way of thinking, at best it is "a few."

Feminism is not a strictly female idea. What about male feminists? Do they also look down on women who don't aggressively hate their gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
There's plenty of females that take pride in being mothers, being pretty, getting taken care of etc., and what the hell's wrong with that? Long as it makes them happy. Nobody should feel shamed for what they want in life. On the other hand, no female should feel obligated to be this way, either. But no one's pointing a gun at anyone's head and making them do it.
Feminism does not shame this. Feminism does not encourage people to not be mothers, or not be pretty, or not be taken care of. Feminism has, in part, simply made it an option, and is fighting to abolish the idea that this is all we can be.

You represent a very misconceived idea of what feminism is and who feminists are, and it's offensive. It's not at all difficult to find educational material on the subject to avoid making further generalizations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote