Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #5264 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I see where you're coming from with the banner. It's a logical point of view. However I'm looking at it from the point of view that it's the clubs decision who succeeds SAF, they have the bottom line, they take the responsibility. They have put it up and backed their decision and backed their manager, and now they aren't gonna back down on that. You could argue they shouldn't back down. Sure the fans don't have to like it, but I don't think their reaction today was a helpful one that leaves them looking particularly graceful or dignified. I don't think it's gonna achieve anything either. The board have eyes and ears. I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to them today that fans aren't behind Moyes 100%.

Anyway, Benteke, completely unrelated but as you've lived through a few relegation struggles yourself, do you hate the phrase "play like that all season and we'll stay up" as much as I do?

Sometimes it makes sense. Early on in a season maybe, you go to Stamford Bridge or Anfield or something, play well, fight, show a lot of spirit, but narrowly lose out. It makes sense to think that if you keep that up all season you'll be alright. However I saw a few people use that exact phrase midweek when we lost at Anfield. Ha'way man.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote