Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #551 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Just something I've noticed recently, though this could be the way you've been doing it all along: your reviews of albums are all one big paragraph, no formatting. I say this because if that's how you intend it, fine, but some people are put off by a big block of text: looks too much work. However I had problems with my last Babylon 5 writeup in that although I had formatted it, every time I went back to check it, it had all become one big block of text, and I had to redo it. About three times.

I don't know if that's happening here, I don't know if this is the way you expect it to be, but personally I think it looks a little clunky and if you are dong it deliberately I'd suggest breaking the article up into at least two paragraphs, looks tidier and less intimidating perhaps.

Just a friendly suggestion...
I have a big screen and the layout fits my screen, I realise that it might not suit those with laptops or smaller screens though, but as I've never seen this on a smaller screen I can't say.

Also I've always done it this way as big chunks unless it's in the top 10 which then becomes 2 big chunks. The simple fact of the matter is that I don't really like writing in paragraphs as it tends to look too bitty from an aesthetic point of view for such small reviews, but then again I realise a lot of people like things in small paragraphs. But these small reviews are only like 12 and 13 lines on my PC and look quite small.

If there is some sort of formatting I could do then fire away by PM
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote