Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #2175 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Cheers, do you know anything about the finance side of things? Stuff like:

Ticket prices for fans going up
Forcing them to pay for tickets they don't want by taking money from their accounts
Offering tickets meant for Tampa fans in packages to tourists overseas at inflated prices
Buying the team with debt and using large amounts of turnover to pay off interest
Spending the bare minimum on transfers while bringing in hundreds of millions profit in annual turnover
Banning season ticket holders from games if they fail to pay for games not on their season ticket (automatic cup scheme)

Which is what they've done in England. I think they've sucked well over a billion dollars out of Man. United just on interest payments. Fans' opinion is that they could have dominated at the highest level for years if they didn't have these leeches in charge.
Not that's been reported publicly. As far as I know, the Glazers try to win. We have a salary cap in the NFL, so I can't tell you if they'd be big spenders or anything like that. I think they usually try to make the most out of their resources, so that probably means that they'd throw down if given the chance.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote