Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #1396 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
The first thing you might want to try are chicken hearts. They've very cheap, and they're also very nutritious. They're also small and easy for a newbie cat to handle - and even then I always chop them in half for my cat.

If your cat has never eaten raw meat it might take some amount of effort to transition him/her over to it. My cat was really easy since I started her on this when she was about 9 months old. But if you browse through some cat forums you'll find that some people are practically pulling out their hair getting their cat to eat the raw meat. Some cats have gotten so accustomed to their diet they can't even imagine that raw meat is supposed to be food.

Other things you might want to try is chicken (the most common thing I feed my cat are chicken breast tenders), turkey, beef, and some fish (freshwater fish like trout is better). Also be sure to include some organ meat like livers (but you have to be careful with liver, it's very nutritious but almost to a fault, if you feed too much you can give your cat Vitamin A poisoning). Different cats will like different things - not all cats are sensitive to beef like mine. I've read about other cats who are sensitive to chicken.

THE place to read about all of this is here:
CATINFO.ORG
Thank you! Chicken hearts it is. I'm certain my cat will like them. She's a vicious beast.