Music Banter - View Single Post - A Nightmare on Jazz Street : Trollheart's Voyage into the World of Jazz. And Blues.
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Dave Brubeck is actually pretty fun to listen too, very low key but with interesting time signatures and good tunes. The improvisation is never too wild, and often times very melodic; at least that's how my listening has been. You might like one he did called Bravo! Brubeck that covers Mexican standards, it's got a lively nature because of its source material. It may go well since you liked Miles though, it's not as blues inflected as that Miles record (which is great), but still very laid back, as you mentioned digging.

Speaking of which, Miles also did a rendition of Gershwin's classic Jazzy opera Porgy and Bess, one of the most sourced productions in Jazz from what I've seen (almost every great has touched the album), and it uses some more swing/big band horns and symphonic strings while still playing on jazz's improvisational nature- I do remember you saying you're not much for big band, but it's a pretty great effort if you don't mind going down that path.

Btw Ornette Coleman Sun Ra. Do it or you ain't for rella.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote