Music Banter - View Single Post - Cats or Dogs?
Thread: Cats or Dogs?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 05:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Um, look at my avatar?

Our family has always had either a dog or a cat, quite often both, but after we had to have our last dog put to sleep right around the time Karen got sick I said we wouldn't have another. The pain was too raw and I knew having a big clumsy (or small yappy, though we always went for big: Collie, Labrador, whatever the hell Teddy was, like a cross between a bat and a pig but so cute!) dog in the house --- no, we NEVER left any of our dogs in the garden, they always lived indoors with us --- would be dangerous with her balance beginning to go. Plus with looking after her I would have no energy or time to devote to a dog, and we all know they need so much of both.

So we have cats now, and have had for about the last ten years or so. I love dogs though: if I'm out on the street and see someone walking a dog I'll usually see if I can pet it and maybe talk to them about it. Mind you, if I see a cat out on the street I always try to make friends with it too.

And people who think cats ain't loyal? On her return from hospital the three of them took it in shifts to always sleep on her bed, and you can say they were just enjoying the warmth of the bed but I know they were watching over her.