Music Banter - View Single Post - Tutti-Frutti! Silenzio's Colourful Mix of Music
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Default Go - Jónsi

I wrote my very last test in this school. Technically, the grades will be certain by Monday. The school year is almost over - 5 years of business school are well and truly over.
Only the biggest examination, the A-levels, are waiting. The written ones are going to be on 28th, 29th and 30th of April. The spoken A-levels are going to be in June, from 2nd to 6th of June.
That is the milestone, but I managed to walk the long, cumbersome way. Many told me that this school was wrong, or that I wouldn't manage. Nowadays I think that reaching an impass can open your eyes.

A Swiss title-winning standard dancer recently said she had done business school despite knowing she wanted dancing to be the center of her life, as well because it's hard to establish oneself without formation.
On the one hand that story encourages me to try my best to study music, on the other hand I feel like I've never focused on my strengths sufficiently. I'm afraid I won't manage as lateral entrant.

Go - Jónsi

I'm sure some of you know the Icelandic band Sigur Rós, but I'm going to present you the debut album of lead singer, Jónsi Birgisson.
What I like is the very positive atmosphere of this album, telling you that you can do anything. Sigur Rós is well-known for deep, intellectual and thoughtful music. I like Sigur Rós, but Jónsi created a very different album in 2010.Track list1. Go Do2. Animal Arithmetic3. Tornado4. Boy Lilikoi5. Sinking Friendships6. Kolniður7. Around Us8. Grow till Tall9. HengilásGo Do is the opening and main song of the album. Child-like, maybe naive vocals and lyrics characterize the song, but it just makes you happy.The message is clear: Go do, you'll know how to, just let yourself, fall into landslide. Go do, you'll know how to, just let yourself, give into low tide - Go do!The following song, Animal Arithmetic, picks up the mood. It's a peppy, colorful track full of pure joy. Not much Icelandic in this song!Tornado brings a change of atmosphere: on top of the world, or in the depths of despair! That song is deeply emotional, heartbreaking.In the track Boy Lilikoi is used a broad range of style elements: from playful, magical to chill and constant instrumentation. Creative!We're sinking friendships, we drown more and more - For sure he focuses on the sound of words rather than the meaning, still impressive.Kolniður, pitch black, is sung in Icelandic. A honest, mythic song featuring violin - breathtaking composition.Around Us is a dreamy song, filled with hopes wishes for the future. Very up-beat rhythm and beautiful electronic layers.The eight song, Grow till Tall, has excellent vocals. You'll know, when's time to go on. You'll really want to grow and grow till tall. They all, in the end, will follow.Hengilás, Padlock, is an impressive, majestic Icelandic song. Perfect ending song.You could say Jónsi's work is never disappointing. This album more up-beat than the Sigur Rós albums. I appreciate them, but I must say, this cheerful attitude is enjoyable, too.Maybe it's more wide-eyed and playful compared to the Sigur Rós albums so you might be a tad astonished at first, but sometimes a change is as good as a rest.