Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Exclamation

Well, that's more than four people!

I'll see tomorrow where we stand in members, I know Mondo Bungle said he would be interested...

I've spent hours tirelessly looking through Trollheart's thread and thinking of things on my own, (by the way trollheart, thanks for letting me copy your thread), about the best way for this club to work. This is what I've come up with:
  • Every member gets a turn to pick an album, and we will cycle through who gets to pick next.
  • The only qualification for an album is that the artist should not be TOO popular. (Or if it's a popular artist, an unpopular album also would suffice) I plan on not being too strict with this rule.
  • Music-wise, the albums CAN be entirely instrumental, given that a large amount of electronic music is without vocals (we can discuss this, of course)
  • We will dismiss to listen to the album and fill out a small questionnaire.
  • We will return and discuss the album and post our completed questionnaires.
  • The questionnaire will most likely be the same from the prog club, though I will of course make some personal changes due to the difference between electronica and prog.

It probably makes sense for me to start by declaring which album we will listen to first, but I just realized how difficult this will be!!

While I have some ideas for the album I would like to do, I have NO idea how you all can listen to albums without buying them. I've checked, and all of the albums I was thinking of are not available on Youtube (and I don't own them).

The only one I've thought of that we could listen to would be Effiel 65's Europop album, but I'm not entirely sure that this is an electronic album, or merely a pop album?? What do you guys think does that count? I doubt anybody has listened to that album aside from that one song.

I've also considered an album by Moby, though he may be too popular...

I may delegate someone else to declare the first album if I can't find anything that fits.

Also, you maybe able to tell that I don't know much about electronic music outside of the dance and house scene.

Also, also, this is a good time to discuss something else I did not mention in my first post. Everyone is well aware that this thread includes ALL genres of electronic music correct?

Everything from dance, house, techno, drum and bass, and all of the sub-genres are all fair game. The only exception would probably be ambience and dubstep, though I can't see that becoming an issue. We can decided on dubstep, I'm still not too sure about that.

I don't know if I made that clear in my first post.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote