Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Book/Film/TV Show Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I just watched half of the first Star Wars for the first time in years yesterday and was awestruck by just how awful and awkward a lot of the dialogue was. Most of the actors managed to pull it off, but Mark Hamill just dropped turd after turd, and it was only partly his fault. "Biggs is right I'm never gonna get out of here!" might just be one of the worst lines in all of film. And the stormtroopers...woof. Thank god other people directed the other two cause George Lucas couldn't direct traffic.

Oh and the art direction was pretty hit or miss as well. Sometimes it was brilliant and other times it looked like a bad episode of Dr. Who. Seriously, what was Lucas thinking with the droids in the Jawas...desert...tank...thing? And Luke and Leia's outfits? Woof.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote