Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:42 AM   #2609 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Birmingham joins San Francisco and Oslo in global green cities club | Cities | The Guardian

Quote:
'I'm pleasantly surprised – Birmingham is a remarkably green city,' said Biophilic Cities network director Tim Beatley.
Quote:
England's second city joins the likes of San Francisco, Wellington and Oslo in a global network of “biophilic cities” – urban centres celebrated for their green credentials, their open spaces and their links to nature.

The idea is that nature is, or should be, central to a happy, healthy and meaningful life not only to country dwellers but to those living in cities. Birmingham, the first British city to be invited to join the “biophilic network”, is pledging to work with the eight other cities to find out ways of making sure its inner city dwellers and suburbanites are linked to nature and living organisms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comments
Hooray! Finally someone mentions how green and lush Birmingham is, instead of focusing on how industrial the city looks when you arrive by Train. Born and bred in Brum and I'm proud of my city. Rather annoying to have to constantly explain to people from London that Birmingham is a really green and pleasant city. Sutton Park and Sandwell Valley are amazing parks.
:d

>>>>>

Top stuff. The only reason I would consider starting a journal is to post shit like this and stop spamming the spam thread.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote