Music Banter - View Single Post - Tutti-Frutti! Silenzio's Colourful Mix of Music
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Default Melody's Echo Chamber - Melody's Echo Chamber

April has arrived! That's why I've thought to bring up some new, chequered sounds for you!

Melody's Echo Chamber - Melody's Echo Chamber

Melody Prochet, leader of My Bee’s Garden and Kevin Parker, leader of Tame Impala met and - tada - the result is not only called love, no, it's Melody's Echo Chamber!
The self-titled debut album is a highly psychedelic and melancholic production, released in 2012. The cover is just as colorful as the music, beautiful French melancholy combined with Australian élan!

Track list
1. I Follow You
2. Crystallized
3. You Won't Be Missing That Part Of Me
4. Some Time Alone, Alone
5. Bisou Magiue
6. Endless Shore
7. Quand Vas Tu Rentrer?
8. Mount Hopeless
9. Is That What You Said
10. Snowcapped Andes Crash
11. Be Proud Of Your Kids

A typical love song opens the album - I follow you is filled with thoughts directed to someone special. The multi-instrumentalists have a good taste in instrumentation, naturally! The guitar just underlines the statement:
I follow you, pretend you need me to, living a test, locked up with you. I know you trust me enough, but I do stupid things - the things I always do. This time with you, our love is new. I need someone to be close forever.
Crystallized is a song about a twisted mind, so the musical part let's you know. Energetic effectual work is used wisely in this song!
A bit dazed sounds the following track - You Won't Be Missing That Part Of Me, although I have to say the vocals are very cute. I have never heard such a beautiful pronunciation of: endearing soul!
The accord strumming rains in the song Some Time Alone, Alone as it would never want to stop - I hear some shoe-gaze and dream-pop elements in this track, it's pretty sweet.
Now the first track sung in French - Bisou Magiue. Magic Kiss creates a romantic atmosphere. The echo-effects and the repetitive motifs make it sound like the musicians are getting lost in their music.
Endless Shore is a dreamy song, perfect for rewinding. The lyrics describe the endless shore, the cycle that can't be broken. Who hasn't experienced a catch-22? If you haven't, you'll know after listening to this song!
Actually I am not a fan of French, but I must say Quand Vas Tu Rentrer is a very addictive song, a so-called earworm. Maybe that's because of the rhythmic accordion or the synthetic effects used in this song?

The eight song, Mount Hopeless, features floating vocals and distorted guitar and synth sounds. The hip-hop-rhythm is the most striking feature in this track.
Is That What You Said is quite psycho. That caving-in layer is probably the main reason. Other than that the melody is running through the track, there isn't any vocal necessary, it's just a sound-experiment.
On the other hand, we've got a very soft-layered, scenic track: Snowcapped Andes Crash! It's got some jazz sounds and angel-like vocals, although the synth isn't used sparingly.
I am not quite sure if I enjoy find the final song, Be Proud Of Your Kids - I mean the guitar chords are nice and as well I like the main melody.
Those little-French-kids' muddled voices aren't an artistic statement in my opinion - it reminded me on The Sims.

In general, I appreciate this album, mainly because of the mix of genres and moods. The lyrics aren't very deep, but I like the concept of this album.
This album is partly cute, psycho, floating and melancholic... You might want to give it a listen if you are eager to experience a rollercoaster of feelings!