Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #8109 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Spirit View Post
One thing that bugs me about modern pop music is the need to include some random ass rapper on every single track.

Katy Perry put that Juicy J guy on "Dark Horse" and Kanye West on "E.T"; Maroon Five had Wiz Khalifa on "Payphone," etc. I wouldn't have much of a problem if the rap verses actually made sense in the context of the songs, but they usually don't. The song just ends up as another platform for the rapper to boast more about himself and nothing more.

I think this also points to a trend of genres trying to mix too much. Experimentation is fine, but when you have pop stars using rappers for their verses or country bands like Florida Georgia Line incorporating Hip Hop elements in their songs, it comes off as trying too hard. Plus, it's just plain annoying.
I was with you until you slighted Nelly in that Florida Georgia Line song. Sure, it was a masterpiece and a song of the summer for many people. Nelly has done cross over music with country stars before and it works out very well. So I don't agree with your analysis. Also I'm getting this vibe from you that you just want to keep genres "pure". What's wrong with mixing up some hip hop into other genres unless you just outright hate rap/hip hop music. Kanye and Wiz had really good verses but yes even I will admit that Juicy J's verse wasn't that strong on Dark Horse.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote