Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #314 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Look, I'm religious, and that's why you may think overly strict here, but abortion is an objective issue for me (on paper, of course, in real life it's considerably more difficult for me to support my beliefs arguing against a real human being (especially a woman such as yourself), because emotions come into play, for better and for worse).

Personally, I believe the Bible says abortion is wrong, I don't like it, I feel that life is sacred, etc....but again, in real life I'm totally okay with compromising on abortion if absolutely necessary to achieve other goals.

You may be surprised to hear this, but I actually vote Democrat 90% of the time. I elect people who will best run our country, and I dislike that some people vote based strictly on moral issues. Abortion takes a back seat to supporting welfare, universal healthcare, and the economy.

This is pretty much the furthest thing from what I believe. I don't agree with anything you've said here, but I'm fine with your stance. Your arguments suck ass and are full of fallacies though.

You didn't mention what 'views' you're talking about here, but let's talk about Christianity's view on abortion: If you understood maybe 5% of what a Christian worldview is, you'd realize that 100% of all Christians believe that human life is sacred, so that bolded statement is completely irrelevant. **** animals, humans are so ****ing better than any ****ing animal.

Understand your opponent's stance on an issue before you start trying to debate (albeit poorly) with them.
The bible doesn't explicitly condemn abortion persay, you can tear a page out and hear it how you want it. A lot of Christians do turn to the Bible for their morals and many do consider abortion to be a moral wrong, but there's also a good portion of Christians that take the other view. The Bible does value life highly, but a great deal of the discussion on abortion is defining life, so it can be construed either way depending on how you feel about a fetus's stance as a human. Look at Gallup polls and you'll see that 38 percent of Catholics were pro choice and other Christians in a margin of 33 percent as of 2012. So come off it when you try to encompass Christianity's views as one singular stance, it's a divisive issue so there's division even where you'd least expect it.

EDIT: Source: Gallup: Nonreligious Are Least 'Pro-Life'

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote