Music Banter - View Single Post - Aphex Twin: A True Creative Genius
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Black Shadow
Groupie

Default Aphex Twin: A True Creative Genius

I feel like not enough people know about Aphex Twin. Not many people have delved into the depths of electronic music enough to be aware of this type of music, while the people who have love him.

Aphex Twin is an Irish-born British electronic musician and composer. He founded the record label Rephlex Records in 1991. He has been described by The Guardian as "the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music". He's has also recorded music under the aliases AFX, Blue Calx, Bradley Strider, Caustic Window, Smojphace, GAK, Martin Tressider, Polygon Window, Power-Pill, Q-Chastic, Tahnaiya Russell, The Diceman, The Tuss, and Soit-P.P.

Let's dive into what his music sounds like for all of you future Aphex fanboys out there.

This song name is "4". It's on his Richard D. James album, released in 1996. This song really defines how he likes to play with drums.

Enjoy that? Check this out. This song's name is "Flim" and I'd consider it to be one of Twin's most popular songs. It really signifies, like "4", his love for playing with drums. It's an overall very chill song and you'll find yourself jammin' out to it later.

Aphex Twin - Flim HD - YouTube

Flim is a very chill song, but is nothing compared to this masterpiece, "Alberto Balsalm". This track brings smooth chords left and right, and just flows.

Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsalm (1080p HD/HQ) - YouTube

Aphex Twin goes all over all kinds of musical spectrums throughout his albums, and is a highly influential artist ranging from days back into 1992, when he released his first album, "Selected Ambient Works 85-92". New sounds and new styles were brought into this world with this album and Twin has managed to bring new sounds and styles with every album he's released. If you'd like to start indulging in his music, I'd recommend listening to his album Drukqs to really get a feel for his style. Then, I'd recommend checking out Richard D. James Ablum, then I Care Because You Do. You can choose what to listen to afterwards. Also, keep in mind, once you listen to all of his music, you can go check out all of his aliases mentioned earlier in this post! Woo for Aphex Twin!
Black Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote