Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #338 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
So, let me get this straight, because you go to church and read the bible, it's ok on paper to throw your opinions around? But in real life you are ok with supporting a means to an end that is either medically necessary, or maybe emotionally damaging to the mother if not aborted.

You realize you are hanging your agenda on god right? Show me in the bible where it says THOU SHALT NOT ABORT THY BABY. (I have read the bible cover to cover, many times, and in different translations.It's not there.)

Now the fact that in irl, you have a completely different thought process on the issue tells me two things. One, you get off on spewing your religious filled rhetoric at people,your ego likes to be inflated by judging. (Attitudes like this pollute the church and is one the reasons I dropped out of seminary.) And two, your belief in your rhetoric is so blind, the only thing you can do is twist God's words around to fit your personal needs. It amuses me, when humans do this. Because we are all so narcissistic we think God actually thinks like we do. It's the I think there for I am mentality. I can read the bible and walk away with the belief that reincarnation exists because I read a verse in second Timothy one time. Does that make it true? No, does it make those who don't believe what I believe less wrong? No.

True humility, and true "Christ"like behavior, would (in my opinion) be to be accepting of each woman, and her choice. To understand it, and love her through it, whatever the choice she made was. True humility is being able to remove yourself, and your ego from a situation that has absolutely nothing to do with you, and keep your judgements to yourself. Not because, you are being tolerant of something you don't believe in, but because you are possibly doing more damage to a human soul, by judging them, instead of loving them. It's hard enough to make the decision to terminate a pregnancy. It's a situation that needs to be treated with respect, and reverence that it deserves. It doesn't need to be paraded about as a way for the church to pound away on their bibles, and toot their own horns. It's not for the church to take their opinions and hang it on the necks of women as they leave the clinic. The bible says go you to the far corners of the world and preach the gospel. Not go you unto far corners of the world., beat into submission,judge and scare people into believing this.
Christianity 101 is about saving souls man. SAVING souls. You can't save something by hurting it, by belittling it, by judging it.

Human life is sacred in most religions and death is a part of life, whether it starts in the the womb or it comes at the end of a life fully lived it's still death, and it has to happen.

I don't know why you even brought that up.

This, exactly this.