Music Banter - View Single Post - I Feel Alone
Thread: I Feel Alone
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I think anyone who knows Exo will realise that he did not mean that comment to be rude or flippant. He's been through his own serious problems in the last year or so and therefore is the last person I would expect to be unsympathetic towards the problems of others. I think it was just odd --- though nothing wrong with it --- to see a post appear like that, out of nowhere, so heartfelt and sad, from someone we don't know. To have someone pour out their heart to total strangers is unusual, and exceedingly brave.

I would say to the OP just try to remain strong, remember others always think they know best but they are not necessarily right and religion does not in any way solve anything or cover over cracks; in fact, if you look through history religion has been responsible for the worst atrocities man has committed upon his fellow man, so there is nothing wrong with being atheist or agnostic. I too do not believe but would not push my un-belief on anyone, neither do I expect them to try to convert me.

If you hang out here and discuss music (or anything) you will find friends who will be willing to accept you as you are. I don't really think I can say anything any more comforting or helpful than that.

We're nice people --- mostly --- so spend some time here and see if you like it.