Music Banter - View Single Post - Raised On The Radio - What Music Did You Grow Up Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I've been pained by this practically since birth.

I can't seem to find a lot of value in music from the past 30 years, because there's subtle differences in production quality and nothing sounds organic or "real" anymore; nothing has really connected with my soul the same way music from the 60s and 70s has.
Definitely. I adore not just the music, but the whole vibe of that era. I was meant to be born then, I swear it! I've been watching a ****ty Australian drama this week called Love Child which is set in Kings Cross 1969 and I just want to be saturated in everything I see - the music, the fashion, the attitudes, the film and tv industry, the cars, the shopfronts, the furniture, the twinge of social revolution, everything. Of course, the show is all about what they did to unwed pregnant mothers during that time, so of course there were equally ****ty times but then but DAMMNIT I want to live in the 60s!

Completely unrelated to what I've just said, but relevant to this thread, I remember grow up listening to the radio and trying to tape (i.e. cassette tape) my favourite songs when they came on, and trying not to let the radio DJ/presenter's voice cut in the beginning or end of the song. Good times.