Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Book/Film/TV Show Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #126 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedub Dude View Post
lol enjoy your soap opera with guest appearances of zombies
Haha I'm sorry but I've heard this before and it always makes me laugh. It isn't a zombie apocalypse show, it's a show set during a zombie apocalypse. There is a difference. Maybe that's difficult to understand and/or seems kinda ludicrous if you don't watch it or haven't followed it but the main themes of the show have been adapting, interacting with people, survival and morality and how the apocalypse affects and changes all of those things. How and why the rules change in such a setting. Therefore relationships and major life events are key to the plot of the show, and so I find the soap opera comparison way off the mark.

George Romero is the man who famously called it a soap opera, and he hasn't made anything zombie related worthy of any credit for a long, long time. I'll listen to anything he has to say when he directs another zombie film that isn't terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
24 is pretty dull, the whole format is uninteresting. I lost interest about 2/3 of the way through Season 1.
I like 24. I can't help it. It's exciting and it's addictive. But I'd agree that the first two or three seasons were the best. The first one was the best by far and then it has been all downhill from there for the most part. It isn't particularly artistically brilliant or anything, but it's a fun action fix if I decide to overlook any holes in it.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote