Music Banter - View Single Post - Raised On The Radio - What Music Did You Grow Up Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

I grew up on music from my parents like The Beatles, Queen, Bruce Cockburn, Stan Rogers, CCR, The Who, etc. I also got into some of the more popular Metal bands at the time thanks to one of my Uncles and Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Some of those bands were Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Dragonforce, and a few others.

Most of the music I listened to when I was a kid I've come to enjoy considerably less in the present, but I don't really feel ashamed for liking any of the bands I used to like. Also, some don't do anything for me anymore like Avenged Sevenfold, but others have fared a bit better like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and The Beatles.

Also, I'm curious if at any point in the future my taste will change to where I feel about what I currently listen to, the way I feel about what I used to listen to now. But I think my taste has become pretty cemented in place, though I believe my taste will still expand, I doubt there'll ever be a point where I'll lose interest in a large portion of the bands and artists I currently listen to.

Last edited by mythsofmetal; 04-11-2014 at 07:22 PM.
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote