Music Banter - View Single Post - Has the world improved overall, or got worse in your lifetime?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
So you can only remember a finite number of things? What do you think people did before mobile phones, computers and so on? Remember books? The feel of a new novel in your hands? Its smell? Folding back the page to mark where you stopped? Now everything is kindle this and kindle that. Not the same. Tech has been great in some areas but in others it's made us really lazy and taken the strain of using our brains away.
I disagree with the notion that it has taken the strain away. Our brains absorb so much more information in this great technological age. How cruel you are to your books making dog ears of the pages lol. Bookmarks are made for a reason!
Books haven't completely just up and disappeared. People still feel the need to have the physical thing over digital even though it isn't that portable when you can hold so many more books on a tiny device instead of lugging them around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Did you ever read "The time machine"? We could be heading that way. People are forgetting how to talk, don't want to read and everytihng has to be instant these days. Heading down a dark path we may not be able to return from.
That's a bit dramatic. There will always be people that push back against technology even though they should conform. One of us. One of us. I have "The Time Machine" on my Nexus but haven't read it yet. Will soon though.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote