Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Book/Film/TV Show Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #128 (permalink)
Psychedub Dude
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Haha I'm sorry but I've heard this before and it always makes me laugh. It isn't a zombie apocalypse show, it's a show set during a zombie apocalypse. There is a difference. Maybe that's difficult to understand and/or seems kinda ludicrous if you don't watch it or haven't followed it but the main themes of the show have been adapting, interacting with people, survival and morality and how the apocalypse affects and changes all of those things. How and why the rules change in such a setting. Therefore relationships and major life events are key to the plot of the show, and so I find the soap opera comparison way off the mark.

George Romero is the man who famously called it a soap opera, and he hasn't made anything zombie related worthy of any credit for a long, long time. I'll listen to anything he has to say when he directs another zombie film that isn't terrible.
it.
I have given the show a few chances yet it never seems like it's going anywhere. And you gotta admit the show looks like it's going to be all about Zombies, especially the way it's advertised. I get that it's supposed to be all about the survival stuff but that doesn't make it any less boring to me. I've seen upto midway season 3 and i just gave up. It feels like the show is always building up yet nothing really ever happens.

I usually like dialogue and character driven shows but TWD is just very meh to me. It also helps if the characters are interesting and like able, which I don't really get with the show.
Eat up all their MC's and drink 'em under the table

[B]Last.fm

Shadows Of Our Souls
Psychedub Dude is offline   Reply With Quote