Music Banter - View Single Post - What is/was your favourite PHYSICAL music shop or store?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

There isn't as many left standing around here as there used to be but we still have a few. My favourite is Beatdown Records. It's in a much smaller unit than now it used to be. It used to be in a unit over the other side of the city, with a CD room downstairs and a huge vinyl floor upstairs. They also had a lot more sales and clearances then, when I could go in with my £10 or whatever it was and leave with as much as I could carry from all the overstock.

It's still a great little shop. Very simple looking, very easy to miss or walk past, you walk down a few steps and they have CDs infront of you (more than you can see in the photos below, to be fair) and then out the back they have a very nice vinyl room.

What I like most about it is the staff. I can open the door there and hear some Electric Wizard blasting, have a Wizard chat with the guy there and then go out the back and rake through some vinyl with the guy in there, where he'll tell me what they just got in and play some of it for me, or I can talk about the gig I saw him at over the weekend. It has a really good vibe.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote