Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's 'Doctor Who' Thing
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #120 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I was hoping you'd pop in when you saw this

I have a confession to make.
I quite like the Unicorn & The Wasp, It's one of my guilty pleasures.
I know it's not great but I've always liked stories set in early 20th century and they've not done that many, I can think of 4 off the top of my head.

I loved Martha too, she's easily my favourite female companion since the series came back. She always seemed to me to be the most normal and most true to life person they've had playing a companion.

I'm not sure why they got rid of her so quickly. I've heard a ton of rumours about it from they weren't happy with her standard of acting, to her and Tennant not gelling as much as they hoped, that she was moved to Torchwood because she was contracted for a second series of Doctor Who and they didn't want to pay her for doing nothing.

I know it had nothing to do with Catherine Tate coming in because even before they knew she was available for series 3 they'd already decided to recast the companion and were planning to have him travel with a journalist called Penny. Officially the BBC say Martha was only ever supposed to be in it for that one series and she was only contracted for that.

I guess it'll come out in a few years what really happened, it always does.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.

Last edited by Urban Hat€monger ?; 04-12-2014 at 09:29 PM.