Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #1761 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
EDIT: I was also at the oiler game last night for Ryan smyths last game. The most emotional hockey game I've ever been to by a long shot. Probably means nothing to anyone here but he really was my generation's oiler and the tributes/standing o's and such were outstanding. Just an unreal showing all around. Even the Canucks came back on the ice and individually gave him handshakes and hugs and stuff. He was also on the ice for like 95% of the powerplays in the game which was awesome (he ended up being tied for the franchise record for ppgs). Dang I'm crying just thinking about it.. they better retire his number
The only Canucks game I ever attended was the day Trevor Linden was traded (it was over 15 years ago so my memory is a little foggy but I wanna say it was against the Oilers). There was a palpable sense of emotion in that game as well.

I didn't go to the game for any specific reason, I was just up there on vacation enjoying that beautiful city and decided to go to the game, to date the only NHL game I've been to. I'm really hopeful about getting a team here.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote