Music Banter - View Single Post - ipod vs ..........
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 05:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks Rostasi. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it. But itunes does weird things, for me at any rate. A lot of it depends on the ID3 tags but if something is labelled as say Genesis for eight tracks out of ten and the last two are labelled differently (GENESIS or genesis or Genesus or whatever) it makes separate folders for those. I don't like the way it does that. I am someone who will never use itunes. I also hate the Genius thing on the sidebar and the attempts to try to sell you music as you browse. I don't like the way Album is always shown first and then Artiste and you can't change how that's displayed.

I could go on for hours about the things I hate about itunes. I'll never use it. I'd rather be the guy who has "Trollheart's Music Centre" on his hard disk than the guy with the "itunes" library. I just hate the bloody thing and nobody will ever change that. I'm very happy with my players and I don't need itunes or ipods in my life. If it works for you guys that's great but I'll stick with what I'm used to.

TH
I'm not trying to make you change or anything, if you're happy with what you use that's great, but none of the gripes you mentioned here are are actually problems with iTunes. If something is tagged wrong, you just fix it, which takes only a few seconds, and the problem is solved for good. Genius can be hidden if you don't like it. And it's not always "artist" then "album", you can sort by anything you want with a single click. You can also rearrange the columns into whatever order you want, turn them off or on, search by keywords, etc.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote