Music Banter - View Single Post - The Revolutionary Concept of "The Lounge"
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Am I just being thick here (would certainly not be the first time!) and missing something? This new guy comes in and says complimentary things about the Lounge, I'm assuming not sarcastically though I recognise that could be the intent. I'm just taking it that it isn't, as otherwise I'll end up looking like a bigger idiot than I already am (is that possible even?), and everyone starts being nasty and snide to him?

Weren't we only last week whining about how newbies are not made welcome? Is this any way to welcome someone? Is this a joke I'm not getting? Why is everyone jumping on the guy when it would appear all he is doing is saying what a great idea the Lounge is??

As far as rostasi's comments go, I like to buzz in and out of the Lounge but I also take part in the musical discussions, if there are any that interest me, or maybe start a thread I think people might like. As you all know, most of the rest of the time I'm either in my various journals, running the Prog Rock Album Club, or recently, trying to resurrect the Weekly Mixtape. I think my own activity here speaks for itself and I have no problem with the Lounge, as long as that's not where people ONLY go. It's nice to kick back and leave the intense and sometimes heated/stupid arguments about music for a bit and just chill. What's wrong with that?

Why would anyone look down on someone for hanging out in the Lounge? and why is a concerted effort being made to make Hagrid unwelcome or at the very least feel surely uncomfortable?