Music Banter - View Single Post - I Have Nail Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stonedtone
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Brittle nails can be a sign of an iron deficiency. Maybe you should start cooking with an iron skillet or maybe take some vitamin supplements. Be careful of taking Flintstones Vitamins since they contain "Aspartame." I heard you should increase your intake of Jello (or any other brand of gelatin) and orange juice for healthy and increased thickness of fingernails. I heard taking prenatal vitamins is also good for hair and nails.

Always carry a emery board with you. File any cracks or split you might incur. After you round your fingernails file underneath just the very tip of your fingernails at a 45 degree angle. This is done so the nail is beveled and the nail slides off the string. Always try to make contact with both the fleshy park of the fingertip and the fingernail. So the nail should maybe be a 1 mm or more to ensure proper technique. You might want to consider investing in a plectrum until your nails grow to proper length.
My nails aren't brittle. I just play really hard and wear then down. They don't break, they just get grinned down. I don't eat jello, but I have a healthy diet. OJ every morn
Stonedtone is offline   Reply With Quote