Music Banter - View Single Post - Has the world improved overall, or got worse in your lifetime?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Interesting. I've not seen that particular colored graph. But what does it actually mean, scientifically, aside from a correlation between higher amounts of CO2 and climate change in the recent past?
I'm aware of the greenhouse effect and how that works, but I'm still unaware the effect of higher CO2 in a long-term status.
We weren't recording surface, air and water temps from the beginning of time, but merely relatively recently in relation to the history of the earth, and most times all I hear is how temps have risen in a very short span of time.

I'm more interested in finding information about how the CO2 levels directly correlate with altering the natural flow of climate change long-term.
Basically something more able to be interpreted on a wider scale rather than, "Hey, look at this graph. Yep!"

Edit:
The above may have been confusing.
What I'm saying is, we've had ICE AGES with no human CO2 involvement. So what is CO2 actually doing? I'd like some data on how much it offsets the natural order.

(I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm actually asking. And no, I don't think we shouldn't fix sh*t just in case. I'm just more interested in the actual data points and how they translate.)