Music Banter - View Single Post - Has the world improved overall, or got worse in your lifetime?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Interesting. I've not seen that particular colored graph. But what does it actually mean, scientifically, aside from a correlation between higher amounts of CO2 and climate change?
I'm aware of the greenhouse effect and how that works, but I'm still unaware the effect of higher CO2 in a long-term status, comparative to history. We weren't recording surface, air and water temps from the beginning of time, but merely relatively recently in relation to the history of the earth, and most times all I hear is how temps have risen in a very short span of time, relative to any possible natural pattern.
I'm more interested in finding information about how the CO2 levels directly correlate with data we may have found pre-dating recorded historical data. Maybe a graph with data regarding temperature, sea level, etc along side the ice core samples showing CO2 levels, etc.

Basically something more able to be interpreted on a wider scale rather than, "Hey, look at this graph. Yep!"
I wasn't directing you to a graph, I was directing you to a page which contains a basic description of the situation, a long list of references, and a link to another page full of related resources from a variety of scientific organizations. As I said, I figured it might be a good place to start.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote