Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #72 (permalink)
Deviouz
Music Addict

Sorry, late on the review. This is for the Eiffel 65, Contact! album. I'll submit my review for Tipper later on.

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?
Uhm, kinda mixed feelings in the first 5 minutes. The starting track was really bad. Didn't like anything about it. But the next track seemed to give me hope for this album.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?
Yep, sure did. The very first song was terrible. But every song after that was either really bad or bad.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?
The first 2-3 songs starting from the second track. Although the album is pretty long, the closing 2-3 songs might have been my pick, it just got boring and by the end of the album and I really cbf.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
No. Not going to listen to this again. A very slim maybe to listening to some tracks though. But not the whole album.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?
"Life Like Thunder"

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?
"Lucky (In My Life)"

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?
Nothing changed.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
I couldn't really tell the sounds of the previous songs I listened to after half way through the album. No variety at all, but I didn't expect anything else from a "three-piece Italo dance/Eurodance group."

9. What is the overall mood on this album?
Upbeat, Party hearty. You get the odd sounding songs that break away from the overall happy sound but happy none the less.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?
Not the whole album, no. But maaaaaaaybe I'd chuck on, "Life Like Thunder", for when I'm feeling cheesey.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?
Not that well. Only through their hit single, "Blue (Da Ba Dee)".

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?
Not familiar with anything else they've done, except for "Blue". Can't really tell any differences between that single and this album as a whole.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?
Better production, singing and songwriting.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?
No.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?
Probably not. This album has sealed the deal.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?
Europop.

17. (NOTE: This question may only apply to certain albums.) Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?
I didn't like him. Especially the effects he used on his voice. Really annoying. I don't hate him though.

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers please. Also, please BOLD or otherwise make this rating easy to see)?

19. What do you think of the production?
Boring. It made me realize the true potential of my psychic abilities as I could predict how each song would build.

20. Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?
Wish I never listened to this. I can never listen to "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" ever again knowing the same guys that made that song made this album.
butthead aka 216: causes it to run to my c**k
butthead aka 216: u mad

Last edited by Deviouz; 04-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote