Music Banter - View Single Post - Brand New
Thread: Brand New
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #198 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Saw them last night after they've been my favourite band for years.
Really ****ing good. So loud and energetic.
They started off with a lot of distortion and droney noise and used it as a transition between songs and different eras of the band.
They started with Shower Scene and moved onto Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades

They hopped around all over their discography. The setlist is here
Brand New Concert Setlist at Barrowlands, Glasgow on April 15, 2014 | setlist.fm

Crowd cooled off a little in the middle when they played four songs from Daisy back to back, which has always been the dark, enigmatic album.
But they went wild for the big tracks off of Deja.

Jesse forgot the words during the performance of Millstone and had to start again, suppose it's been nearly 10 years since the album was released.

Was hoping there'd be an indication of new material, it's been six years since Daisy, and nothing. No new music, at all. Odd.
I went because I was under the impression that this may be their last tour. Nothing new in six years and cancellations of many gigs/festival appearances would point to internal problems but the band never let it show during their performance.

One of the most breathtaking, pulsating life performances I've seen. The guy from Saves the Day (one of the support acts) said during their set that they are one of the best live bands to see, and he was right. They were incredible. Couldn't have asked for more (although I'd have split up the Daisy tracks and played Archers and Jude Law..)
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote