Music Banter - View Single Post - How Much Of A Music Snob Are You (Quiz)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I got 47, because I'm a pretentious *******.
Some of the questions pissed me off, a lot of them are based around being inauthentic (lied about liking an artist, stopped liking an artist after they got popular) which aren't so much snobby as just fake.
It's not about being "fake" it's about bands selling out, which is basically changing their sound so they can appeal to a wider audience in other words becoming "popular." If a fan likes a particular sound and the band moves away from that sound and in another direction, I don't why the fan is suppose to be "fake" because he or she doesn't like the new material. You make it seem like if you declare yourself a fan you have to like everything an artist does, even if they the band starts producing cheese, and if you don't then you are "fake." Can't fans have a mind of their own and decide what like what they like about a band instead of the band/producer/record company saying "here like this." Do people without a lemming mentality "piss you off?"

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote