Music Banter - View Single Post - Should music be free?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
Earth Rocker
Groupie

The fan's right to enjoy free music trumps the artist's right to be compensated for their hard work and sacrifice.

???

People say, yeah...but making music is fun. Does that mean that if you like your job, you shouldn't get paid? BS. I've seen people try to justify file sharing for a couple decades now. Maybe established acts should stop making quality recordings and just play live shows. Established acts don't need exposure. They don't need to give away music to be heard. They already have a loyal fan-base.

I hope you all understand what it's like to work your ass off to create something cool, and then have someone copy it and makes it available for free. Guess I'm just biased because I'm an artist. I found one of my songs on a mixtape in another country. Some crap-bag was selling my song without my permission. He was being compensated for selling my art, and somehow I'm supposed to be happy about the "exposure?" That's a load of ****.

I've seen so many adds for bands by venues who say, "Does your band need exposure? Come and play at our venue. We don't pay, but you will enjoy free exposure." I got something that I can expose for you.
Earth Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote