Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #1774 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I thought Anaheim looked great for 25 minutes and Dallas looked great for 35 minutes. I'd say the Getzlaf line had its moments also along with the Selanne line. Seguin and Benn really poured it on in the late 2nd and complete third periods. Was a good game to watch. The Ducks have to remember to keep the pedal to the medal and not allow Dallas easy entrys into the offensive zone. Dallas really had their number in the later stages of the game. Lehtonen made some nice saves late also, it wasn't all Dallas. It was about as even a game as you could get. The only real difference was blocked shots and face offs won, which the Ducks clearly won.
Yep it was fairly even, and that's a pretty good road game for an 8th seed (they didn't really deserve to be down 4-0, in terms of how close the play was). I did notice that Anaheim had some blocks in key scoring chances for the stars in the first though. The second goal was directly from a block as well, but that was just a poor play by Jordie Benn and he should've known not to shoot there. But this is shaping up to be a good series as expected.

It's funny, I was going to reply to you earlier saying I had no affiliation to Dallas. But yeah that's not true anymore haha. They've been bumped into my top 5 teams probably. I really like watching them play. But that doesn't mean I won't be fair (I legitimately thought/think they can take this series).
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote