Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #76 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?

I really enjoyed Surrounded so I had high expectations. The first few tracks were a little underwhelming.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?

I gradually started liking it more to be honest. Pretty slow start.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?

The back half for sure.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

Didn't listen again.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?

I really liked "Tit For Tat" but basically the last 5/6 tracks.

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?

Honestly can't remember.

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?

Not really.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

There's not as much variety as I expected to be honest.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?

Chilled and minimal, maybe to a fault.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?

I probably won't listen to it again. So much music man.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?

As I said before, I love Surrounded. Not listened to anything else though.

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?

Not as good.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?

Not really. I think he hit the sound he was going for pretty well, I just didn't vibe with it all that much.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?

Yes.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?

For sure.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?

IDM.

17. (NOTE: This question may only apply to certain albums.) Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers please. Also, please BOLD or otherwise make this rating easy to see)?

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote