Music Banter - View Single Post - Future Islands
Thread: Future Islands
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Take Notice People.

I've actually found that I like their older stuff more. I love that song I posted the most right now but their 2010 album, just two tracks in, is grabbing me even more than their newest (Singles) or their 2011 one, On the Water - the 2011 one had some great moments, of course, and has more of a Beach House sound incorporated. This 2008 (In Evening Air) has more of a kinda goth edge, but interestingly the songs don't rely too much on downbeat style or ominous/minor keys. I think it sounds raw not only because of the lower production value but also because this album puts a guitar twist on things, where the other two I've heard don't. His voice can be eerie and threatening in many ways, but he also sounds kind in equal measures; he actually sounds a little like Tom Waits on In Evening Air, but if he decided to do this kinda 80s/dream pop sound. Also, their bass player is killer, as well as the keyboardist, whom I'm always gonna be partial to because of my affinity for them. Anyway, here's two really good songs:

^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote