Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #5327 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Aston Villa set for £200m US takeover - if they stay up - Telegraph

I am starting to think there's something in this lads

Especially after Lambert's comments...
Knew it. Randy's issued a statement.

Quote:
"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

- Randy Lerner, Aston Villa Chairman
On the official site: Club statement | Latest News | Aston Villa

This is very exciting just hope we get good owners, Randy seems to have his heart in the right place so I trust this will be the case.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote