Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #20683 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Finally figured out how Soul Seek works, so I grabbed quite a few albums I've been looking for these past few months, and a few others I've been curious about:

Timber Timbre - Hot Dreams (2014)

Canadian folk group with some hints of other genres. This is definitely a headphones kind of album, but there are a few songs that go on for longer than I would have liked. Still if you're into folk music then this is something to check out because I have a feeling it will be an album talked about throughout the rest of the year.

The Doppelgangaz - Peace Kehd (2014)

2013, and for a good part of 2012 I was largely disconnected from the hip hop scene. Either artists I liked weren't putting out albums, or worse yet they were putting out albums I didn't like. Then I started playing more folk music myself and just started unintentionally avoiding the genre. There have only been a couple of key releases this year, but I have heard good things about this one, so I'm interested to see what I'll get out of it.

Ben Frost - A U R O R A (2014)

Another album best listened to with headphones. If you're into ambient albums, and dark ones at that then this will probably be something on heavy repeat. I'm still relatively new to the whole ambient genre, or at least when it comes to talking about them so I don't really know how to describe it, but I could definitely turn this into a soundtrack for something awesome.

Aenaon - Extance (2014)

Haven't listened to this all the way through yet, but I grabbed it because every now and then I like to grab metal albums tagged as "avant-garde" because I want to see how people are treating that term. I've never really settled on one definition of it, and what constitutes it, but I do always enjoy when I hear metal played with some ideas. It was also tagged as black metal, and it's been quite a long time since I've heard black metal with saxophone so I felt pretty obligated to give it a look.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote