Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #580 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

The poor Tygers! I ran an article a year or more about them, in which I deplored the fact that their record company basically forced them into becoming an AOR band (damn you, MCA!) and thus lost them their fanbase. Tygers could have been brilliant, and I don't care what any of you say (how surprising!) --- "Killers" is a great powerpunch on that album, as is "Money" and "Don't touch me there".

Interesting point I made, and it stands up to examination, so check it out if you don't believe me:

Wild Cat --- debut album --- Tygers rockin' --- Tiger on cover bitchin and a badass. Ain't nobody gonna mess with that cat!

Spellbound --- Second album --- Tygers still rockin but headin towards AORville --- Tiger on cover looking still badass but a little unsure, sort of lost and unsure as he pauses, about to cross a gao (Hard rock to AOR?)

Crazy nights --- Third album --- Tygers much more AOR. Give us a single guys! Give us a hit! --- Tyger battling for his life, fighting off the annoying biplanes that might represent MCA execs

The Cage --- Final (real) album --- Tygers totally AOR, even doing a cover of Love Potion Number ****ing Nine for God's sake! --- The tiger is caged, and not happy.

I rest my case.