Music Banter - View Single Post - Death & You: The best-case scenario
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I contemplate my death every day. Like a samurai. Not that I want to die but I know it's coming anytime and, for me, thinking about it makes it easier for me to live happily.

To answer your questions: no death preference, no music, no journaling, no loved ones, no final communication. Just goodbye. The thought of my death is what makes my life interesting because everything I love only matters while I'm alive.
In other words, the only thing you want to leave behind for those who are soon to follow are the memories you shared with them in life? I like that; it's simple. It's pretty. Ultimately, those people will follow, and the memories and memento-mori or whatever shit left from anyone will die with them, so I definitely see where you're coming from there.

I also agree that accepting your mortality makes life a lot easier. Not necessarily more meaningful or anything like that, but easier. For instance, you can think you really fucked something up on a particular day, but you know deep down it's nothing more than a momentary worry.