Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #85 (permalink)
Deviouz
Music Addict

Tipper - Broken Soul Jamboree

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?

Really great! The first track sounded like something Beats Antique would have projuiced, which is awesome! It really got me excited for the next track, which is also awesome and mysterious. I have high expectations.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?

Yeah, a bit. It did get a little boring at times. Maybe because I was expecting some variety. Each song sounded the same with the mysterious, enchanting feels, but unique in their own way. I guess you have to be in the right mood to listen to the whole thing. Not really a mood-setter IMO.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?

The opening tracks were the best. But I have a few favourites spread across the album.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

Not really, I found it the same.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?

My favourites would be, "Big Questions, Small Head," "Neuron Huskie" and "Royal Dragons Sir."

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?

The 3 tracks I found that I didn't have feels for were, "Cinder Cone," "Reality Harshness Defender" and "Class 5 Roaming Vapour." They felt like the biggest fillers to me.

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?

Nah, I pick and chose along the way.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

I like how Tipper had a clear vision of what kinda sound he wanted for this album and committed to it. Even the cover says it all! But there was no variety, which is why it got boring for me. The first track got me really intrigued and excited, then as I reached the final track I was pretty disappointed. I mean, I love the soundscape he put me through, but I just couldn't get lost in it for too long. It was like watching the Matrix trilogy.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?

Mysterious, ambient, melancholy.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?

If they played this at a club. Wow.

Yeah, maybe on my down time.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?

Don't know him at all.

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?

Don't know his stuff at all.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?

Probably some variety. But I don't know if that'd be improving it or not. For me it felt a little bland, but others might dig it so, idk. Production is on point though.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?

Maybe. Don't know who I would recc. it to though.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?

Sure, actually got some stuff lined up in my Spotify playlists.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?

IDM, Down-tempo.

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers please. Also, please BOLD or otherwise make this rating easy to see)?

19. What do you think of the production?

Production is on point. Nothing else to add.

20. Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?

It's an alright album. I didn't get moved by it that much but I can appreciate the effort Tipper made to show us his vision. Will have a few more spins later this year.
butthead aka 216: causes it to run to my c**k
butthead aka 216: u mad

Last edited by Deviouz; 04-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote